HORSE BREEDING SEMINAR 2017
HORSE BREEDING EXPO 2016
Testing for Equine Genetic Disorders. What? Why? How? Caroline Payne
‘Breeding Performance Horses According to the Principles of Open Linebreeding’ by Brian Messner of Thoroughbreeding
A few notes ( thank you to Jeanette Gower)
Rules for breeders to use when designing matings were –
* Know your mares’ characteristics intimately and look after them well
* Select sires on the strength of their dams
* Use inbreeding to eliminate variables and unexpected variations
* Use individuals which excel in conformation, with particular emphasis on balance.
* Know the pedigrees of your horses, and the individual merits and history of those horses in the pedigrees.
Preparation of the mare and stallion for breeding Download here by Dr Abdelsalam Talafha DVM, Diplomate American College of Theriogenologists School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences, The University of Adelaide, SA 5371 Australia
The Foaling Mare by Dr Jose Len. Presentation recorded and uploaded to YouTube. Download here
Foals: The First 24 hrs with Dr Claudia Cruz Villagran Download link here