France has a horse industry business cluster based in Normandy.
Mrs Anne Jumaucourt from the Normandy Horse Council will be in Adelaide on Saturday November 4. The visit is part of a longer tour to South Korea and other states of Australia.
Anne is looking to discuss ideas for further development and establishing stronger links with Australian horse businesses and clubs including opportunities for inbound/outbound tourism or sports.
Normandy offers a full range of services within the horse industry, the following are starting ideas for development:
- Promote Normandy as a place to be for riders who want to compete at high international level. The Horse Council can manage everything from finding the right facility and guiding the Australian rider at every step.
- Promote the Selle Français breed to Australian warmblood breeders and riders
- Organise tours to visit stud farms and French breeders and attend big breeding shows or show jumping events.
- “Hippolia” equine research cluster, specialising in high level research and innovation on horse health, performance, economics and the role of horse in society.
- French horse industry products and services
Anne also has noted that 4 young elite riders from Normandy have just been to Australia from September 17 to 22 to participate in Pony Club Australia’s National Championships, Toowoomba.
Also to note, the South Australian government has recently established an office in Paris. http://www.dpc.sa.gov.au/what-we-do/services-for-government/international-engagement/french-engagement
If you are involved in the South Australian horse industry and would like to be informed about further details of this visit (when available), send your name, company or organisation and contact details to Horse SA email: email@example.com or mobile 0402488306
Paris has been awarded the 2024 Summer Olympics https://www.olympic.org/paris-2024